Pixuate Face Recognition
Capture Faces And Perform Instant Recognition Using Pixuate's Solution
IntroductionIn this new age of wearable tech, biometrics, and multi-factor authentication, the face is the most reliable digital ID for authenticating an individual online.
Pixuate Face Detection and Recognition technology are a non-intrusive and a very fast biometric technology. It works with the most obvious individual identifier – the human face. Face Recognition is widely used in security and surveillance, to detect and match the face of a person of interest with a database of suspicious individuals.
Pixuate Face Detection Solution detects, matches and validates the person of interest with the database images. The system is also capable of detecting age group, gender, and emotions of the users.
FeaturesThe unique features of Pixuate Face Recognition system are:
- Uses the state of the art Deep Neural Networks (DNNs)
- Trained with 10 Million faces
- Can identify the frequency of occurrence of each face
- User friendly Pixuate GUI to capture & recognize
- Records the time, date & place of capture of each face image
- User can add any new face anytime
- Ability to identify faces with tilts
- Use of super resolution for low quality videos which increases the accuracy by 4X
- Works with multiple live cameras & offline videos with face images as small as 40X40
How Does It Work ?
Pixuate Facial Recognition analyzes the features of a person's face images input through a digital video camera. It measures the overall facial structure, including distances between eyes, nose, mouth, and jaw edges. These measurements are retained in a database and used as a comparison when a user stands before the camera. This type of biometric has been wild, touted as a fantastic system for recognizing potential threats i.e. whether terrorist, scam artist or known criminal. It is projected that biometric facial recognition technology will soon overtake fingerprint biometrics as the most popular form of user authentication. Every face has numerous, distinguishable landmarks, the different peaks, and valleys that make up the distinctive facial features.
Stages used in Pixuate Facial Recognition System
- Capture & Detection: A physical or behavioral sample is captured by the system during enrollment. Pixuate systems can capture up to 4 different live feeds and detect faces.
- Alignment: Once it detects a face, the system determines the head's position, size and pose.
- Representation: The system then measures the facial features and creates a template. The system translates the template into a unique feature vector. This gives each template a set of numbers to represent the features on a subject's face.
- Matching: The system then decides if the features extracted from the new sample are matching to the database or not.
- Identification: Then the image is compared to all images in the database resulting in a score for each potential match (1: N). In this instance, you may take an image and compare it to a database of mug shots to identify who the subject is.
EvaluationOne of the strongest positive aspects of facial recognition is that it is non-intrusive. Verification or identification can be accomplished for images which are as low as 40X40, and without requiring the user to wait for long periods of time or do anything more than look at the camera. The Pixuate Facial Recognition can process a single image in ___ milliseconds.
Face recognition is also very robust. It works by comparing facial landmarks - specific proportions and angles of defined facial features - which cannot easily be concealed by beards, eyeglasses or makeup.
Use of Super Resolution:For low-resolution images i.e below the dimensions of 80X80, super-resolution techniques are employed to enhance the resolution and increase the accuracy significantly.
The Ideal SolutionAll of this makes Pixuate Face Recognition ideal for high traffic areas, open to the general public, such as:
- Airports and railway stations
- Public transportation
- Financial institutions
- Government offices
- Businesses of all kinds